IKFF

Sunday, July 13, 2008

DEAR DIARY....


Have you ever noticed people in the gym carrying around a journal with them and you wonder “what the hell is the purpose of doing that”. Can’t they remember what they are supposed to do today? I know I used to think along those lines. I even used to workout with people back when I was in the Navy who jotted in one while we lifted. I didn’t get it, not at all. It wasn’t until I first tried “Escalating Density Training” {EDT} that I started to realize the importance of a one, [and actually I still didn’t get it right away then either] Back when I wrote about setting goals I mentioned a few items, one being measureable. Well that’s easy writing down in a journal helps keep track of your measureable progress. What can you measure? Weight, sets, reps, time and how you feel going into an after training, to name a few. You can use it to adjust your intensity. For example if you did your last workout in 45 minutes and rested 1 minute between sets you can reduce the time to 45 seconds and do the same workout next session. Same workout less time more intense! It also gives you accountability, even if it is just to yourself. Another great benefit a journal gives you is that it keeps you in the moment, focused on your workout. I eventually found that doing EDT training with journal created a mental, as well as a physical, link in my training. Eventually I found it helped with all my training. If doing “Turbulence Training”. “No-Nonsense”, “7Minute Muscle”, “Muscle Gaining Secrets” whatever the training you prefer, a journal almost guarantees progress. I even put my entries into an excel sheet so I can see graphs. Of course a person can use a journal and make 0 progress, but that same person is probably on the phone walking around the gym with a towel around their neck, not really working out! So go out get a notebook and give the journal a try.


Bodybuilding.com

No comments: