IKFF

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

FIND WAYS TO INCREASE INTENSITY



Hopefully when you finish reading this you will discover a few ways to make sure you increase your intensity each workout.
First what is intensity as it applies to working out? I like to define intensity as amount of work done during a workout period [time frame]. So you can increase the weight, reps, or sets or decrease the time worked out. Simple, right? If you are following “Turbulence Training” {TT} it may be simple, for example if you did 3 sets of incline flies as part of one of your TT blocks, and you got 10 reps on your 1st 2 sets, and 8 your 3rd you would have to get more then 8 next time, or increase the weight to start with. You would do this for all you blocks. So as long as you increased by 1 rep for example you have made some progress! Now what if you are following “Escalating Density Training” [EDT]? You will need to have a little more planning.
Here is how I do it:
I take the exercise(s) that I will do, we will use double ketttlebell snatches here, the 1st block lays the ground work. Say I got 50 reps total in the 15 minutes. I start each block by doing 5 reps so I also time the 1st few, a set of 5 takes me 15 seconds. The next workout I would want to have a 10% increase making it 55 reps. So 55/ 5 = 11 That’s 11 sets of 5. 11 sets of 5 at 15 seconds each is 2 minutes and 45 seconds of actual workout time, leaving 12:15 seconds of rest, or a little more then 1 minute 10 seconds. What I do here is divide it in ½ that is where I will start, 35 seconds, and increase in 10-15 econd intervals as I get tired. This has worked for me, give it a try and adjust as needed. Remember you want to improve every workout, is that 100% possible? NO, for example I work 12 hour shifts, some days I just don’t have enough in my tank, so then I use the “mirror gauge”. What is that you ask, after you workout you look yourself in the eyes and ask if you honestly gave it all you could, after all in reality the only one you need to answer to is YOURSELF!

Note: 5lbs down 10 to go!



TT for Abs Trial Offer
Special offer try the new TT for Abs program for
only $4.95 for 21 days. If you don't like it, you can get a
refund.

No comments: