IKFF

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Home Gym


How do you "build" your own home gym?
You have to take in a few factors, then prioritize them.
-Goals: Decide if you want a space for conditioning, power lifting, bodybuilding, etc
-Space: how much, or how little space do you have?
-Budget: $$$$, again how much or how little
I built, Way I feel, is a nice home gym in my garage, but it took a few years to get there. I bought a little bit at a time, and I am still adding. See photos.



If you are short on space and cash there are 2 ways to start, that I'd recommend.



1. Body weight work-outs, you can do them in your living room, yard, basement, anywhere.
2. Kettlebells, you can start out small and grow as you do. Also you really do not need a heavy bell unless that is part of you goals [If you are buying some bells and would like some information, I have some files I can share with you, just let me know]



If you have the budget and space you can get a power rack, free weights, dumbells, etc, all at your own pace. Just remember what makes you happy won't always please others, it is your home gym.





23 to go!!

No comments: