IKFF

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Happy Belated New Years


Happy Belated New Years!!!
So I started my quest to lose 40 by 4/1/08. I started off with a cleansing/detox/flushing, whatever you want to call it. I was going to try the “Lemonade Diet” as recommended by my chiropractor but did not receive the information in time on how to do it, so maybe next time. Instead I used “Detoxatrim” based on another recommendation, started Sunday night and I am coming back to normal gradually. I will be following the “Warrior Diet” to continue losing. The 24 hours were the hardest as far as hunger. Tuesday was good, energy was actually up! Today I’m starting to feed again fruits, and salad. Tomorrow some protein. Then on to the diet, I will be using Turbulence Training For Fat Loss with some modifications. By that I simply mean I’ll be exchanging exercises for ones I can do at the gym or in my garage, and I will be adding 1 set on the first superset. Also on Saturdays I will work on my goal of getting 10 clean and presses with the 40kg bells, at the same time.
I was given an interesting idea for interval training from Bud Jeffries [join his newsletter at http://strongerman.com/index.html ] If you played some football you may remember doing Green Bay Sprints, these are similar but with a nasty twist! Take a kettlebell to a field do 10 swings, sprint 10 yards, do 10 push-ups, jog back, rest as little as needed. Then do 20, 30, 40….as much as you can, then do more the next time. What I’m going to do is limit my time to 15 minutes start with 10 the 1st time and see how it goes. If it is too easy next time I’ll start with 20, and so on. If I have time left I’ll just go back, [40,30, 20, 10]

I just finished Mike Mahler’s newest DVD “The Boys Are Back In Town” [over 7 hours of information] all I can say is if you want to buy 1 informative training DVD this year, this is by far the one!!! Here is who is on it:
Steve Cotter: Russian Professional Kettlebell System and Chi-Kung
Mike Mahler: Power Kettlebell Training and Optimizing Hormones
Steve Maxwell: Joint Mobility and Kettlebell Core Training
Nate Morrison: Performance Breathing for Kettlebells and Beyond








Last year was the The Staley/Tsatsouline Strength Seminar DVD. In 08 it is “The Boys Are Back In Town”
Any questions please ask
30 to go!!!!


No comments: