IKFF

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Early update 28 Jan 05

This week, [yes I know it is early, but I’ll be traveling eventually getting back to NJ on the 8th of Feb], I’m going to throw in an ab workout the can be done in the schedule as you see fit. I do it on my non lifting days. You can alternate the workouts if you like or do them both on the same day whatever way works for you.

• Light cardio warm-up for 10 minutes
• 3 sets of lower ab exercises, I like doing reverse crunches
• 10 minutes of moderate cardio [I hit the heavy bag]
• 3 sets of upper abs [crunches]
• 5 minutes of high intensity [ I jump rope]
• 1 set of oblique [each side]

This is simple but effective. As far as reps in the sets go to failure on each set for abs. Don’t forget to stretch the abs after each set. Another tip, after you finish try flexing your abs for at least 10 seconds, this will really sear them! [This is good to do with all your muscle groups.]
My next update I’ll discuss some nutrition in regards to recovery.
Tom

No comments: