IKFF

Friday, July 17, 2009

Stiff body cure...


Creak, crack, arghhh…


Have you ever woke up and were barely able to get your body moving?
My brother and I re-roofed my garage roof yesterday. He did most of the work on the roof, where as I lugged the materials and tools up and down the ladder. Didn’t seem like much until I woke up for work today.


I figured I was going to have to do something once I got to work to get myself going or it would only get worse. The 1st thing that popped into my mind was my sandbag, I didn’t think much about it at the time and just loaded it into my truck and was off to work. As I was driving I was thinking, “why the sandbag?”.


Once I got here and did my rounds I broke out the sandbag and a rubber band I keep here at work. I warmed up which included a few sets of “hindu squats” I then did 4 rounds of supersets with the bands.


What I did was sort of a seated row without a seat. With my thighs parallel to the floor as well as my back [well pretty close], and my arms fully extended with tension on the band so I can feel the stretch, this was the starting position. I then simultaneously sat upright and rowed the bands back, and slowly went back to the starting position.


Next were flies with the bands again with tension on the stretch position.


With both exercises I held the contracted and extended parts for @ 3 seconds each, and went from contracted to stretch in a controlled manner. Like I mentioned I did 4 rounds of 8-10 reps.


Now the sandbag, which today weighs @100lbs [100.4 to be exact]
1st I did Zurcher [spelling?] squats -3 sets no idea how many reps.
Next I did 3 sets of bearhug squats just 1 set.
Then I just walked with the bag about 80 feet each time, the area I used in the boiler house is @ 40 feet long. One time each, bear hug, left shoulder, right shoulder and, just holding it by the handles.
I finished, well sort of finished, with 4 rounds of shouldering 10x each shoulder. By “sort of” I mean I will continue doing a round of sandbag shouldering with each of my hourly rounds of the plant, BTW 12 hour shift.

This all did work forthe stiffness ....today

1 comment:

Internet and Computer Technology said...

Helo frend, nice post, can we do link exchange ? This my web : Internet and Computer Technology | www.idonbiu.com