IKFF

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Looking to loose fat, gain muscle, and increase conditioning?



Looking to loose fat, gain muscle, and increase conditioning?

Elliot Hulse released his latest training program,"Lean Hybrid Muscle", this week to a lot of fanfare and excitement. Was it all hype?

I bought into the hype, and purchased the program. Am I happy or disappointed???

The program revolves around a new discovery made by Elliot and Mike Westerdal [Critical Bench]. The discovery is a “type III” muscle which helps you build muscle and burn fat at the same time. The book goes into great detail about this new discovery and what lead to it, and both guys give their individual takes on several subjects regarding training. There is also some interesting nutrition information.
The reason I purchased it was for the training, it revolves around “resistance hybrid cardio” as being the best way to develop a lean muscular physique in less time. This training develops the “type III” muscle fibers. It can be incorporated into any type of training you are doing right now and the bonuses show you how.
There is also great demonstrations on the exercises and how to cheaply acquire some of the equipment [no real special equipment is really needed] that can be used, like a beer keg.

The only problem I had was with the way the term “intensity” was used in the book. Elliot’s take on intensity, from this book, heavier the weight = higher the intensity. My take on intensity was always multi-faceted, could almost be a physics formula. By this I mean weight is involved as well as time and work done, one simple example would be if you squatted 400 lbs and did 50 reps in say, 15 minutes and the next workout you did it in 13 minutes you have just increased the intensity of your workout. I could go about this in great detail, and might just do that in my next post, but the point being once I got past his usage of the term everything became clearer and I am very glad I made the purchase. I highly recommend "Lean Hybrid Muscle" for everyone from athletes to trainers to gym rats, a great program!


Click Here for LEAN HYBRID MUSCLE!

No comments: