IKFF

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

RESOLUTIONS ANYONE?

Are you going to lose weight, gain muscle, lift this, make that, become a ___ ..,again this year? Yes it is that time of year again for you to make your “New Year’s Resolution”. Did you make any last year? How many? How many did you keep? How many did you honestly try and accomplish?
I personally had a list of 10. Three of them [business goals] were inter-related and also partially relied on help of my “mentor”, I did not reach them with out giving a load of excuses. On a good note, as the saying goes when one door closes another opens, so I will set new ones this year, with at least one new business! Out of the other 7, 4 were made, 1 still is in progress, 1 was changed, and I completely forgot the last one, until now.
In the past I have spoke about “S.M.A.R.T.” Goals so I’ll just tell you what they are:
Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, & Timely


This year I will give a sort of road map on how you can create your goals and plan on completing them.


1st. What is the goal you are looking t accomplish the end result? Be Specific.
-For example I would like to clean and press my 105lb kettlebell 10x with each arm. Now as that is written it is ok. To make it better I will say by July 1st, 2009

2nd. Why do you want to accomplish this goal, for what purpose?
-Now why would I want to C&P a 105lb kettlebell 10x? The 1st thing that comes to mind is because I can not do it now. The 2nd reason is the process of getting from where I am, [I can do it @3x ea side], to the final goal point will result in better conditioning, and sense of well being.
3rd How are you going to do this what methods will you use to reach your milestone?
- With this example of a goal it is quite straight forward, keep a journal of my workouts to keep track of progress and include C&P at least once a week

Those 3 steps a pretty straight forward, right? Now you can easily keep track of your goals in a journal or if you use the above method you can use Microsoft project or some kind of project software.
Another important thing to do is share your goals, with someone, this will help with accountability and not allow you to forget about them.
I also just read that people are more apt to complete fitness goals if there is money or a prize involved, so I will post transformation contest information for you as I get them
You can try programs like one of my favorites Dax Moy’s “Magic 100”
I will post my goals as I come up with them
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!

No comments: