IKFF

Monday, December 26, 2005

A Rant...

Hope everyone's holiday is going well.
I just felt the need to bring this up [vent/rant]. I was reading the latest issue of a bodybuilding mag. [no names when being negative] and something just grabbed me. This particular magazine recently printed the same arm workout in 2 issues [in a 3 month span!] and even gave the workout cover headlines both times. The workout was about putting 1" on your arms in 1 day. By the way the workout consists of doing a superset of a Bi and aTri exercise every 30 minutes for 8 hours. The workout is an "oldie but goodie" as it is described in one of the articles. The thing that gets me is that in the latest issue the publisher puts down kettlebells because they are old school and cause blisters [WEAR GLOVES %&##@!]. I don't get it, was he serious??? His magazine was one of my favorites, but recently it has become more and more a catalog for his supplements, which I am not for or against but keep up the quality magazine, try new/alternative things even if they are "old school". Stop recycling, at least not so close together, and bring back the posters!!!!
Continue having a great Holiday Season!!!

2 comments:

Chuck said...

Kettlebells are awesome. I have one and like to get another (a little expensive). I bet that guy couldn't do 20 one-armed swings without coughing up a lung.

Tom Harper said...

I agree with the comment above. I have nothing against bodybuilding (I never had much success with it) but I'll bet some of those muscle-bound behemoths would collapse, gasping and writhing, after a high-rep set of snatches or clean and jerks.