IKFF

Saturday, July 23, 2005

The X-Rep

In my last post I mentioned the X-Rep. I stated it was done in the stretch portion of a rep, it also is the bottom position of a rep. For example in the bench press it would be the bottom few inches. Yes these are partial reps, but they are done under constant tension, and not always strongest area of the rep but the "pump" is unbelievable! I have added them in my workouts for just one body part and change the body part that gets "X-Repped" every workout.
For example on a day I would do quads it would look like this:
2 sets of 12 X-reps on squats - @2" below parallel to parallel
1 set of 12 sissy squats
1 set of 20 full squats
2 sets of 8-12 of bench superstted with 2 sets of pullups to failure
2 sets of 8-12 of arnold presses
1 set of curls
1 set of tricep presses
2 sets of my modified kettlebell swings - if you'd like a detailed description please let me know!
I do all this with as little rest as possible
Then stretchout real good afterwards and drink a post workout shake!
You want to do the "X-Rep" in a controlled steady fashion to really feel it. Give this a try and let me know how it works!

No comments: