IKFF

Thursday, April 21, 2011

New workout


Ok so it has been a while since my last post…again

No real excuse, been to a few real good seminars with Troy Anderson/Josh Henkin and James Smith [of Diesel]/Steve Maxwell. Both seminars were tremendous, learned a lot and will be sharing the info soon. Right now I just want to post my latest workout. It is sort of a mixed bag as far as what muscle fibers are being hit.

It starts off with strength/power in an EDT  {escalating density training} type format, 10 minutes with a weight you can do 4-6 reps with, but you do 3 reps and get as many as you can do in 10 minutes. If after a while you can not get 3 reps, do not lower the weight, either rest longer or get only 1 or 2 reps. Using a training log is very important here, record the total reps so you know if the next time you hit say dead-lift for example, you what you need to do to improve on last workout. I will stay with a weight until I can get over 21 reps in 10 minutes. This part of the workout is for strength/power.

Next part is circuit/ supersets, 8-12 reps 3 set. I put circuit/ superset because if I go to the gym and can not set up a circuit I know I can at least do superseted format. Going for size pump here and I do the same exercise the following workout as I did in the previous workouts EDT session. Example Bench for chest back to back workouts but different rep range. You can change up the other exercises for body parts and I recommend that you do and use various training objects. {notice no arm exercises – not needed]

Final part is the finishers!
If at the gym I will do a “pace“ style treadmill workout – sprint for @45 seconds, walk/jog until heart rate drops @20% then repeat 4x. In my garage/yard I will mix it up, intervals with various “tools” [sledge hammer, kettlebells, sandbags, etc] Maybe do another EDT type session like my new favorite, which I will have videoed soon, using an 80lb d-ball, picking it up tossing it running to it, burpee then repeat for 10 minutes, pretty good workout! [give that one a try if you can]. Well here is the workout, let me know what you think…..

Apr-June workout

1st exercise 10 minutes EDT Start with 3 reps with  5-6 rep weight

Day 1
Bench

Circuit or superset
Incline dumbbell press
Dead-lift
High Pulls
Goblet/bear-hug Squat

Day 2
Squat

C or S
RDL
OH Press
DL
Bench

Day 3
OH Press

C or S
Upright Row
Decline Bench/Dip
Squat
DL/Atlas Stone [or finish with stone]

Day 4
Deadlift

C or S
Bent-over row
Inc Flies
Squat
OH Press

Finish each wo with 10 minute finisher or Pace Treadmill


Finisher

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the work you have done into the post, this helps clear up a few questions I had.

car hire airport alicante and Car hire Alicante Airport

Anonymous said...

Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

Anonymous said...

Im glad im able to join this wonderful community. Buy Backlinks

Anonymous said...

Great Community here. Keep up the good work people. Backlinks

Anonymous said...

Just killing some in between class time on Digg and I discovered your article . Not usually what I choose to read about, however it was completely price my time. Thanks.