IKFF

Monday, November 28, 2005

Happy belated Thanksgiving

Hello, I hope everyone's Thanksgiving went well.
I just got a new Kettlebell DVD, The Kettlebell Solution For Size and Strength, Mahler's Aggressive Strength, By Mike Mahler. I must say is it is very good. I'll put it this way if someone was to just tell me that there would be over 20 minutes on the overhead press, I would have asked "why?". That said the 20 minutes goes by and you wish the whole dvd spent that much time on all the exercises. It is very informative and has some humor, I think this is a must for everyone, and it can make a nice stocking stuffer!

I added something to my workouts and they are called ladders, I believe we discussed these before. Ladders are way to change the intensity and the workout. The idea behind ladders are just like a regular ladder, the higher you go up the further you have to go down. Here is how they work, it is like a tri-set with a twist, I am using cleans, overhead presses, then squats, all done with kettlebells. [You can use dumbells or whatever you like] The 1st set-1 rep each, 2nd set - 2 reps each, 3rd set - 3 reps each...you get the pictture. Now the catch is say you get up to 8 reps now you have to come back down, 7,6,5....get the picture? You can double up on a strong exercise, say squats ex. 1st set would be 1 clean,1 press, and 2 squats. Remember to keep the rest time between steps of the ladder to under 1 minute.

Let me know what you think

Tom

No comments: