IKFF

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

An update for 10/25/05

Hello everyone I’m trying to get back to writing at least once a week. This week I’d like to start with a supplement that I was talked into trying by my local GNC manager. It is a good thing I have a good relationship with him or I’d have to find a new place to shop off-line. The product is called “Endothil-CR”, it is a chewable tablet made my Novex Biotec, you can read their research summary by going to the website { http://www.endothil.com/EndothilResearchSummary.pdf } It did absolutely nothing for me. I should have noticed on the box when it said “Note: To experience the full benefits of Endothil-CR, focus your workout on a single, specific muscle group (for example, biceps) and exercise that muscle group to exhaustion.”, that there was a catch. All you really need to do if you follow that kind of workout is get enough nutrition afterwards. I give this product a 1 out of 5 use at your own risk.
Another subject recovery, as I said I started doing Muay Thai in addition to my workouts. It is funny everyone keeps telling me to take Advil afterwards. That creates a good temp fix. To create a real fix protein, protein, protein yes a good shake, bar, whatever you like. I prefer a good whey protein powder [@35grams] within 30 minutes of the workout and that gets the recovery going. Sure there is more like carbs, you can use grape juice, apple juice, milk, or a good MRP. What I do is after the whey shake about an hour later I have a protein blend mixed with milk [@40grams total].
I am looking fro a good supplement to help with aerobic conditioning, any suggestions?
Thanks
Tom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom,

You're looking for an easy way out. The Endothil I took was unbelievable but..you have to bust your ass! Your whole blog seems to scream, "I want to work out and stay in shape I just don't want to pay the price to do it.

Sorry, but the older you get the more you have to commit and if you don't have the time or the dedication then just accept who you are and what you look like.

Seeking advice for performance enhancing from others is a waste of time. Deep down you know what you have to do...if you can't or won't do it then just forget it and accept who you are. Your the guy who buys Tiger's driver because you want to crush it off the tee and when it doesn't happen you blame the product, forgetting the years of work it takes to do that.